Interested in a fun and exciting job with great ski and snowboarding benefits?
Snow Snake is where you will find it! We are currently taking applications for the 2022-2023 winter season.
We have a limited amount of available positions for 14 and 15 applicants and many openings for 16 and over positions. Listed below are the positions available:
- Snow Makers (must be 18+)
- Snow makers are needed as soon as possible as the weather is starting to get cold. Learn the science of making snow. Looking to hire 3-4 snow makers.
- Maintenance Department (must be 18+)
- Maintenance Department is responsile for maintenance of all equipment, inside and outside, groomers, snow guns, etc. Looking to hire 3-5 new employees.
- Lift Operators
- Lift Attendant works exclusively outdoors operating our chair lifts and rope toes. They are responsible for the safety of our guests while using the lifts, checking lift tickets, and helping to maintain order on the hill. Because of the constant interaction with our guests, it is important to maintain a fun and positive attitude. Looking to hire approximate 10-12 new employees. Lift Attendants must be 18 years of age.
- Assistant Manager
- The Assistant Manager works directly in operations of all inside positions as well as a shift closer. Looking for 1 new employee.
- Tubing Manager
- Tubing Manager needed to supervise Tubing staff on hill in a positive manner. Looking to hire 1 Tubing Manager.
- Tubing Attendants
- Tubing Hill Attendants work exclusively outdoors on the tubing hill, operating the tubing lifts and monitoring the hill. They are responsible for ensuring the safety of all guests on the tubing hill, and also to encourage fun. As this position deals constantly with our guests, it is important to maintain a positive attitude. Looking to hire approximately 15-20 new employees. Tubing Attendants must be at lease 16 years old.
- Rental Department
- The Rental Department is a fun atmosphere assisting guests with equipment. Attendants perform a variety of tasks such as performing lift relief for breaks, fitting boots, setting and adjusting bindings, tuning skis and snowboards, etc. Rental Department is looking to hire 3-5 new employees.
- Front Desk/Retail/Ticket Booth Personnel
- Front Desk/Retail/Ticket Booth Personnel agents sell tickets, answer phones, sell merchandise and serve our guests. It is important to always maintain positive disposition and to enjoy working with people. The goal is always to meet the needs of our guests to the best of their ability. Looking to hire 4-6 new employees.
- Ski/Board Instructors
- Must have years of experience skiing or snowboarding. You will work with people of all ages, teaching the sport of skiing or snowboarding in a fun and exciting way. Strong communication skills are mandatory. Proficiency test and training clinics are required before qualifying as a paid instructor. We are looking to hired 10-15 new employees. Must be 17+ to apply.
- Junior Ski/Board Instructors & Helpers
- Must have years of experience skiing or snowboarding. You will work with people of all ages, teaching the sport of skiing or snowboarding in a fun and exciting way. Strong communication skills are mandatory. Proficiency test and training clinics are required before qualifying as a paid instructor. We are looking to hired 10-15 new employees. Must be 14+ to apply.
- Cooks, Bartenders & Kitchen Counter
- Our cooks do short order cooking for both the lodge and the lounge. Cooks are responsible for keeping our kitchen clean and up to all health department standards. Prep cooking is also necessary. The Kitchen Counter staff is responsible for taking orders, stocking, cleaning, and serving food. You must feel comfortable talking with people, able to work efficiently, and be comfortable in fast paced situations. Also, it is imperative that you adhere to all safety and health requirements outlined by the Health Department. Hiring 5-8 new employees and must be 16 years old. (Cooks and bartenders must be 18+)
Print an application HERE to bring to Snow Snake M-Th from 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. You may also email application to email@example.com or call us at 989-539-6583.
Paperwork must be completed before beginning work
Tax forms (Michigan W4, Federal W4) and I-9 paperwork as well as a work permit for students under 18 must be completed by all newly hired employees before beginning any work.
Up to two forms of ID are needed to complete the paperwork for payroll purposes. The most commonly seen are driver's license and an actual Social Security Card. No copies are accepted.