We all want to ski and ride. And we all need to follow guidelines to maintain the health and safety of you, our guests, our staff and our communities.
MDHHS orders have restricted entering the lodge. Only people using the restrooms or purshase retail items are allowed to enter the building.
We’re doing our part:
• Face coverings are required
• Physical distancing will be in effect
• Daily employee wellness checks
• Increased cleaning and disinfection
• Following state and local regulations
Here’s how you can help us:
• Plan ahead so you know what to expect
• Wear your face covering
• Follow distancing protocols
• Arrive together, ride together
• Stay home if you feel sick
There will be some changes at Snow Snake this year as we try to slow the spread of COVID-19. Below is what you can expect when you come out to ski or snowboard this winter. Help us keep everyone healthy so we can keep skiing and riding all winter long.
Details below are subject to change as restrictions and our understanding of the spread of this virus continue to evolve. As state officials adjust reopening guidelines, Snow Snake will adjust restrictions and plans to help best maintain the safety and well-being of guests, staff and the community.
Riding the Lifts
- Guests will be asked to self-group and load the chair with their party
- Lift attendants will not require guests to ride a chairlift with people they do not know
- Face coverings will be required when loading and riding the lifts
Goal: Limit physical contact, eliminate need to access office for purchasing, payment, photo-taking, card pickup, etc.
- Purchase online, download forms online or pick up at Snow Snake
- Use last year's photos when possible; new passholders can email a photo to email@example.com or mail a photo
- Snow Snake will not restrict season pass sales or season pass usage
- Season Pass holders will not need to make reservations for skiing or riding
Goal: Limit lengthy physical contact, maintain physical distance protocols.
- Snow Snake plans to sell lift tickets every day
- We do not anticipate restricting daily lift tickets
- Lift tickets will be available for sale outdoors at our new ticket window as well as possibly inside
- One member of party inside building, others wait outside
- We do not plan on online ticket sales or any advanced purchasing option
Goal: Limit physical contact, expedite fitting, sizing, pickup of rental equipment.
- Rental equipment will be available and will be sanitized after each use
- Access inside the rental building will be limited and controlled based on guidance from local health authorities
- Rental side door is EXIT ONLY
Goal: Limit physical contact to set up lessons, maintain safe distance protocols during lessons
- One station inside dedicated to Snowsports sales (advance registration only.)
- Private lessons will be available
- All lessons will be booked in advance over the phone (989-539-6583)
- Skiers/Riders taking lessons will meet their instructor outdoors at the Winter Snowsports School meeting area
Goal: Maintain physical distance protocols.
- School Racing - details to come
- All race programs are subject to outside participation and interest as the season gets closer.
National Ski Patrol
Goal: Maintain health, safety and privacy for guests and ski patrol volunteers per NSP guidelines.
- Ski patrol to follow Covid-19 guidelines from National Ski Patrol. Protocols, procedures, staffing and equipment changes will be made as needed to meet Covid-19 guidelines.
- The north side of patrol building reallocated to provide more space and a second triage area for Ski Patrol.
Upper Level Lodge/Lounge
Goal: Maintain physical distancing guidelines.
- The cafeteria and Avalanche Lounge will not be operating at this time
- We have added barriers for everyone’s safety
- We will be offering the same good food with an option of online ordering
- We have added more outdoor picnic tables for those packing picnic lunches
- We have added several fire pits with seating
- No saving or reserving tables
- There are restrictions entering the lodge, only retail purchases and restroom use
- Outdoor seating on deck will be expanded
Lower Level of Lodge
Goal: Maintain physical distancing guidelines.
- Picnic lunches will not be allowed in the lower level
- Crock pots or buffet style meals will not be allowed
- No saving or reserving tables outside & no alcohol may be brought in
- Entering the lodge is limited to retail sales and restroom use only
Snowmaking & Grooming
- Our commitment to snowmaking and grooming will continue to be excellent throughout the season
- Assume others are less comfortable than you with in-person interaction. We all have different levels of comfort when it comes to human interaction at this moment in history. Mask up when near others (even outdoors), keep distance and do not ride the lift with strangers.
- Be physically and mentally prepared to stay outside. Entering the lodge has been restricted by MDHHS orders. Bathrooms will be available on the lower level. Be prepared to “boot-up” at your vehicle and head right for the slopes. If you are physically and mentally ready to stay outside, you will have greatly increased your chances of having a great time at Snow Snake.